- GitHub Links
Quickstart: creating your Profile with JSON
Add your Profile
There are 4 ways you can add your Profile with json, but for this Quickstart we will use the GitHub UI.
To do this, you need a GitHub account. If you do not have one yet, you can create one for free with an email address and password.
- Log in to your GitHub Account
- Visit the BioDrop repo
- If you wish to be kept up to date with the repo, hit that "Star" at the top right
- Click on Fork
- Accept the default fork name, click on 'Create fork'. A forked copy of the BioDrop project is now open in your GitHub account
- Click add file and select "create new file"
- In the file path at the top, add
data/followed by your GitHub username, exactly as it appears including capitalization if any, and then append
For example for username "eddiejaoude":
BioDrop/data/eddiejaoude.json(this example: no capitalization in filename)
BioDrop/data/EddieJaoude.json(filename capitalization does not match username)
- For the file contents use the json structure below:
|Your display name on your Profile
|Your description about yourself (you can use markdown here)
- Now add links to your social media and other content (for example: website) so they appear on your Profile.
note: do not have duplicate links (url)
|The display name for the button
|Full url to the resource
|The icon you would like displayed. We support the following icon sets: Fa and Si from React Icons. You can search available icons
To add more links, add another object inside the links collection. For example:
- Scroll to the bottom and commit new file by adding the commit message that starts
data:followed by your GitHub username (for example
You can skip
optional extended message
create new branchand you can use the default name provided
- Then, click
|Base repository (destination)
|Base repository branch (destination)
|Your repository (source)
|Your repository branch (source)
The first dropdown for the
base repository (destination) should be set to
EddieHubCommunity/BioDrop not your username
Create pull request
- The description will be filled with a template, please fill in the appropriate sections
Create pull request
Now you need to wait to have your Pull Request (changes) reviewed
An approving review from one of BioDrop's maintainers will show a green check mark next to their id.
- You will receive a GitHub notification when you have a comment, review, or your Pull Request has been merged
- Once merged, your profile will be available a few minutes later, with your custom BioDrop URL BioDrop.io/eddiejaoude
Looking for inspiration? You can view the full profile docs for an example.